- 1 can of chickpeas (keep the liquid and a few chickpeas aside)
- 2-3 tsp tahini (start with 2; only add more if you need to)
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (extra for drizzling)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (according to taste)
- 3-4 dashes Tabasco (optional)
- Paprika (optional for garnishing)
- Parsley leaves (keep a few for garnishing)
Drain the chickpeas, keeping aside the drained liquid and a few chickpeas. In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, tabasco, parsley and four tablespoons of the reserved liquid until it forms a smooth consistency. You can add some liquid from chickpeas or olive oil if necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
Serve in a dish. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with a few whole chickpeas, paprika and parsley leaves.