Warm up your winter with a slice of this refreshing & delicious Orange Cake filled with multiple health benefits!
Oranges are a good source of Vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system and protecting the body against harmful pathogens. Moreover, oranges are also a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system healthy, helps lower cholesterol levels, to reduce the risk of heart disease and more.
Pro fitness fact: Oranges are also low in calories and high in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
With all the goodness being highlighted, we thought we should give you a unique way to consume oranges this season. Therefore, we provide you with an orange cake recipe to add unique, bright, and tangy flavors to your sweet tooth.
Here is a simple recipe for an Orange Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the orange juice and orange zest.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
You can use orange cream cheese frosting or any frosting of your choice. Or if you want to keep it low-key then, finely slice some orange and arrange them over the cake for a colorful look. Enjoy!